• Register Today It's free!

2" body lift

Schobanger

Reaction score
City, State
Fargo, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
i am thinking about doing a body lift, but i want to do just a 2" lift, and not the 3" because i dont need toooo much, but enough to fit some 33s. anyone know of a 2" body lift that fits the explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2" will not let you fit 33s. More like 4-6" will.

stock 2" higher of sport, 1.5 suspension and 2" body. should have been more specific. stock 255/70s have advantages :)

Performance accessories makes one for that will fit the Explorer. Run a quick search and I'm sure you'll find the part number. A lot of people have done it.

Search Search Search. You can use the 2" lift that is for a 1st gen Explorer because the 2" does not require a steering extension. But keep in mind you will need to do a TT/Shackle combo with the BL to fit the 33's unless you want to do a good bit of metal trimming.

so i can use the 2" lift for a 2nd gen? thats what i was hoping, but i wasnt quite 100%, sorry for not being specific. i am looking to just the the 2" along with TT and Shackles to try and fit 33s. i dont really want to do the steering extension so that is a main reason.

Search Search Search. You can use the 2" lift that is for a 1st gen Explorer because the 2" does not require a steering extension. But keep in mind you will need to do a TT/Shackle combo with the BL to fit the 33's unless you want to do a good bit of metal trimming.

i still had to trim....with the hole kit(3in bl)

still have running boards

Lift

Hi there I initially did a two inch body lift and Tt and additional spring in the rear and 33s fit perfectly now I have done quite a bit more and have happily put 35s on

Not every xplorer is the same. And the results for TT and shackle or a 3-2" BL will result with the same. It all depends on your individual xplorer. The difference from one user to another is the shape the xplorer is in, ie, springs, bushings, and what not. If your x is in great suspension shape, then your results will differ to a x that has saggy springs, worn bushings and what not.

So some will have to trim, some will not.

Not every xplorer is the same. And the results for TT and shackle or a 3-2" BL will result with the same. It all depends on your individual xplorer. The difference from one user to another is the shape the xplorer is in, ie, springs, bushings, and what not. If your x is in great suspension shape, then your results will differ to a x that has saggy springs, worn bushings and what not.

So some will have to trim, some will not.

I agree, some folks cannot fit with just the tt/shackle without trimming alot and would better benefit from a b/l combination.

ive done the 2in bl tt and custom springs and theres only rubbing on the drivers side control arm with the 33 and i still have the running boards

Back