2 door 2002 Explorer Sport 4x4 4.0 front lift? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 door 2002 Explorer Sport 4x4 4.0 front lift?

FordRep

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002, Explorer Sport
2002 Explorer Sport, 2 door, 4.0, 4x4 with torsion bars..
Wanting to use lift spindles. Hard to find specifically.
Would Ranger lift spindles work? If so, what years?
If not, any suggestions?
I'd like to lift it 4 inches..
No problem with the rear. Just need ideas for the front..
Thanks for any help!

yes explorer sport uses similar suspension up front as 98-11 4x4 rangers
Torsion bar sprung, dana 35 SLA (short long arm) with CV axles and unit bearings.
Rough country IFS lift or Superlift are your two good options. We are liking the new Rough Country lift, just released a couple of years ago, the Superlift has been around for many years. Superlift is good way to go, a bit more expensive then the RCX, superlift does have a new series of shocks that look pretty decent, although both lift kits come with shocks that are still "meh"
Rough country is a little cheaper, good quality kit. They claim you must use 17" wheels but I know that most 16" wheels will fit..........

Torsion bar sprung, dana 35 SLA (short long arm) with CV axles and unit bearings.
Rough country IFS lift or Superlift are your two good options. We are liking the new Rough Country lift, just released a couple of years ago, the Superlift has been around for many years. Superlift is good way to go, a bit more expensive then the RCX, superlift does have a new series of shocks that look pretty decent, although both lift kits come with shocks that are still "meh"
Rough country is a little cheaper, good quality kit. They claim you must use 17" wheels but I know that most 16" wheels will fit..........
Thanks a lot! I'll check into both. Rather spend extra now, and not wish i did, down the road..

2002 Explorer Sport, 2 door, 4.0, 4x4 with torsion bars..
Wanting to use lift spindles. Hard to find specifically.
Would Ranger lift spindles work? If so, what years?
If not, any suggestions?
I'd like to lift it 4 inches..
No problem with the rear. Just need ideas for the front..
Thanks for any help!
Ended up going with a kit from fatbobsgarage.com. Ended up with 4 inches of lift..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200921-175550_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200921-175550_Google.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 20201005_173152.jpg
    20201005_173152.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 91

Back