• Register Today It's free!

2 inch body lift mods

pervigilcustodi

Reaction score
City, State
bristol, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
i am sure this has been discussed time after time but i figured i would ask anyway. what are all of the modifications that i need to do to make the 2 inch PA body lift work for my 96 AWD XLT. such as bolt length, fan mounts, etc. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site... pelase look at the search button... all will be answered...

Yep the Search will give you tons of info. Try it.
Also you can click on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line and go to the second post, there's a long section on body lifts in it.
Welcome to the site!

thank you very much guys. jarrett i had looked at that post before, actually its on my favorites, but not paid alot of attention to that section. stupid on my part. but its a great thread with a lot of useable information, thanks again

I just got done doing my 2" PA body lift and it wasn't to hard. The bumpers are what take forever :)

hey guys i gotta 1999 XLT 4x4 and i am lookin to put a 2 to 3 in body lift on it but when i search around for kits i only see them for 90-94 and 97 explorers, will those work the same for a 99 bc i cant find any kits for a 99

SteveO2569 said:
hey guys i gotta 1999 XLT 4x4 and i am lookin to put a 2 to 3 in body lift on it but when i search around for kits i only see them for 90-94 and 97 explorers, will those work the same for a 99 bc i cant find any kits for a 99
There isn't a body lift made for 95+ Explorers, but a Ranger body lift can be slightly modified to fit. Use the search button, this question has been answered in great detail many, many times. ;)
BTW-Welcome to the site :)

Back