2 inch lift and bigger tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 inch lift and bigger tires

G

gensic11

Ok this post is just trying to find someone who has done a small lift from stock height and added bigger tires (to the original stock rims). I do not offroad at all.. I may go on a back road here and there but my driving is mainly street. I really dont want to be blowing 500-800 dollars on a 2 inch lift with bigger tires. My goal is to give my truck just enough lift to where i get a little more ground clearance and it looks good, but not like it's lifted high as hell. I also want to get 31 or maybe 32 inch tires for my ex. Gas mileage is very important to me.. I go back and forth to school every weekend (about 45 minutes).. and do mainly highway driving.. so I want this change to be VERY minimal on gas mileage and also not effect my speedo more than a couple miles/hour.. Anyway has anyone done what I am looking for? I'm sure someone has so please if you have message me on AIM at "hardba1l" or msn at "gensic11@hotmail.com" or just post pics here and give me a little explination of what you did and how much it all cost.. I am pretty good with my hands so I'm sure I could do most of it myself.. I heard from someone that TT and Shackles will give me the lift.. but still dont know where to get a decent set of 31 or 32's that would fit my stock 16" rims.. this should be a fun post so please respond! Thanks for any help/suggestions.. dont forget to include how much it all cost and how long it took to do the conversion.. I am just looking for a little beefier look on my ex other than stock..without having to do any dramatic changes..

Thanks

Josh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are plenty of people who have 2"s of lift. You can do a Torsion Twist (up to 2" if you are 4wd - endless if you are 2wd) and then put either add-a-leafs in the rear or shackles which will you give you an even 2" all around. For gas mileage, I would stick with 31's and not 32s. Just use the search option to figure out part numbers and what exactly you need. Good luck. Also, there's a 3" body lift if you just want clearance! All the stuff I'm talking about is less than 500 bucks total (exluding tires).

-Drew

thanks for the reply...

i talked to lowexploher online and he told me that the TT and the shackles with the alignment wouldn't be more than 200$.. i plan to do most of it myself if at all possible and no special tools are necessary.. so when you said less than 500 i got a little worried lol.. cause i was hoping even with the tires it wouldnt be much more than 500..

i wonder if anyone on the board is selling 31" tires that i could put on my stock rims ;)

tt is free.
shackles are less then $20.00 autozone i got mine from.
and alignment where ever you can get a deal on one.
my brotherin law does all mine at his school.
much less than $200.00

Try putting it in the correct forum. This forum is for stock questions only.
Moving this thread

Back