2 Questions...Fuel Guage & Blower Motor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2 Questions...Fuel Guage & Blower Motor

dykzeulb

Reaction score
City, State
KANSAS CITY MISSOURI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
I checked out my fuel guage, not readin right, So I bought a new OEM guage, replaced it still on empty, and staying there doesnt matter where or how full the tank is, a guy said the tank float could be broken, problem is, the one in my parts explorer is good, but they are both full of gas...which makes it a pain to fill...how hard is it to switch tanks, and everything or would I be able to just cut out a portion of the cargo space floor board and get to the green on, and only have to drop one tank? What all needs to be done?

Also! My blower motor is making a whirring noise...loud one...where is it located and how bad is it to swap out?

Thanks!

Brett

Try searching.. The fuel gauge issue is common and there are some fixes or suggestion on determining a cause.. The blower motor is on the right side of the engine bay.. To get to it.. remove the air filter housing, disconnect the electrical connections, remove the 3 screws that hold the motor to the blower assembly. then pull the motor out carefully. If you don't already have one I'd suggest getting a Chilton or Haynes manual. Definately a good resource to have.

I have both, actuelly, however I would like to hear some input from other site members, as a book has never actually dealt with a vehicle and the guys who wrote it worked on new ones..but thanks! ;)

Back