• Register Today It's free!

2" wheel spacers

renzAy34134

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Eddie Bauer
I just pulled the trigger on a set of ezaccesory 2" aluminum wheel spacers. they have pressed 1/2" Studs and nuts included. Just ordered them about a minute ago and they said they should arrive not shipped but at my door by friday. If this is so thats pretty sweet. They cost 58 for a set and shipping was 20 total. So for 136 bucks not too bad. Ill keep an eye on this thread and let everyone know how they do. Anyone have any negative experience with spacers? I plan on loctite the crap outta them so they dont loosen up but I remember you have to torque them down after awhile. Anyway and info would be great.

Renzi

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey just got my wheel spacers in today. took 48 hours almost to the hour. They look great. I will take some pics when I put them on and before and afters of course.

I love the stance of an Explorer with wider wheels or spacers on the stock wheels, but its just too risky IMO from the horror stories ive heard :(

I would love to get 1" maybe 1.5" spacers but im too scared.

Lets see those pics though!

I installed Eibach Pro Spacer 1" and I love them

I went for 1" so there would be no much stress on wheel bearings

just make sure that spacers seated and torqued well and a loctite blue thread locker is used and you'll be safe

5792321640_b8431017f6_b.jpg

5760388200_18ee8d572b_b.jpg

5759849087_2ba6bff8a1_b.jpg

Electrician, do you have a before and an after pic? Ive only seen 1st and 2nd gens with spacers.

these pictures to compare it with stock (the white Ex)

you can notice that my wheel are little bit out than stock

5759839109_c9ce53d66f_b.jpg

5759836085_fa0a33dcc7_b.jpg

Thats a perfect sized spacer, thats exactly what I would get, (If I ever convinced myself to get them), just so the wheels fill out the wheel well.

Looks great:thumbsup:

I dont have time to put them on for a couple days but ill at least try to put on the rear ones and take pics for you guys whenever I have time.

Hey guys got my spacers on. They look great and perform great. I have way more stablility. Alot less roll with the spacers. They stick out a little and thats exactly what I was looking for. They do make me rub a little on my running boards but Ill be lifting another 3 inches so that should take care of it. here are the pics

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/renzAy34134/?action=view&current=explorer.jpg
http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/renzAy34134/?action=view&current=explorer1.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/renzAy34134/?action=view&current=explorer2.jpg

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k505/renzAy34134/?action=view&current=explorer3.jpg

first one is stock. I remember to take pics a little late but got at least one tire stock. Let me know what you think

Bloody fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I had to take off the running boards for the time being cuz the tires rubbed on them being another two inches out. But Im doing a 3" Body lift in a couple weeks so ill put them back on so I can get in without having to do a superman jump. That and my fiancee is 5"2 So she would also have a hard ass time getting in.

The spacers make the truck look great, fills out wheel wells much better.

Everything still smooth (tire/wheel balance) at speed after installation?

Yea everything is great. the stability is great. Usually if I take a hard right hand turn i can feel the front end bury down and the rear kick up kinda high. With the tires out another 2 inches on each side i barely notice it at all. But so far alignment is good. no pulling or anything. so far A+ for wheel spacers.

scroll up. Red truck. I gotta take full pics later. but there are a couple

I installed Eibach Pro Spacer 1" and I love them

I went for 1" so there would be no much stress on wheel bearings

just make sure that spacers seated and torqued well and a loctite blue thread locker is used and you'll be safe

[

I like the modest look of yours. where did you get those spacers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

renzAy34134: What brand & size are the tires your running

Back