20 Explorer ST...the wait is killing me | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

20 Explorer ST...the wait is killing me

wilpilfersome

Reaction score
City, State
Smyrna, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020, Explorer ST
Went to the dealer to order the last week in August.

Ordered On 9/6/2019
Order Number Redacted.
VIN Redacted.
Estimated Dealer Delivery 11/25/2019

Car says "In production" since 11/7/2019. No sub category like I've seen some people have. Blend date is 11/06.

Somehow I have a suspicion that it won't get here by Monday...

Car stats (because nobody outside of this forum will care, and I have to share): Black on black, ST Street Pack, Premium Technology Package and Rear Seat Entertainment (the final one being the reason I had to factory order...darn those kids).

God I can't wait for this to get here!

Side question, in case anyone knowledgeable in this reads this post: Can you disable the fake engine noise in sport mode? Or have the dealer do it? I know I've seen others had it disabled in other Fords, but I'm curious if anyone has direct knowledge on the 2020 ST's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If disabling that engine noise in Sport mode requires modifying the software settings, then the dealer won't do it. You might be able to do it using FORScan but I'm not aware of anyone that has done it.
While you are waiting, you can download the Owner's Manual from here and check it out. Find Your Owner Manual, Warranty & More | Official Ford Owner Site

Peter

Thanks Peter! Yeah, I bought the adapter to try it out with FORScan, but since it's not been documented yet (and while I'm an IT guy, I'm a total FORScan n00b), I'm going to wait for one of you smart folks to map that out. :)

It's been done with FORScan on the F150's though.

I think the documentation for the 5th gen has changed for the 6th gen and that is why there is little to no info on that yet. Good luck.

Peter

Back