• Register Today It's free!

2000 5.0 connector pinout

Nate_M

Reaction score
City, State
Deptford NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer
Ok, i have a EVTM for 2000 explorer/mountaineer and i can see c146,147,148 (the firewall connector with 3 plugs)

My problem is, i need to see those 3 pinouts and instead of seeing what color wires i need to know what they go to. Like instead of looking at connector 147, pin #1 and it saying BK i need it to say somthing like PCM ground or pin # 4 left bank o2 positive

I can see it says pin numbers, colors, and a circuit number... but it doesn't have a key that tells me what page that circuit is on.

Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, i have a EVTM for 2000 explorer/mountaineer and i can see c146,147,148 (the firewall connector with 3 plugs)

My problem is, i need to see those 3 pinouts and instead of seeing what color wires i need to know what they go to. Like instead of looking at connector 147, pin #1 and it saying BK i need it to say somthing like PCM ground or pin # 4 left bank o2 positive

I can see it says pin numbers, colors, and a circuit number... but it doesn't have a key that tells me what page that circuit is on.

Any ideas?
Don't have the 2000 EVTM, but trying to help, assuming that it's organized the same as my 1998:
Trace the circuit to the appropriate connector (most likely you are talking about the ECM). At the end of the section for your engine controls there will be a few pages showing the connector and listing pin numbers, circuit numbers, and circuit function. If that's not how the 2000 EVTM is organized, hopefully someone with the same book can help. Good luck!

@Nate_M
"Any ideas?"
Yes, definitely! You need the 2000 Explorer Wiring Diagrams, in which all pinouts are shown in relation nto which conductor is which, etc. Try Helm, Inc. They publish all of Ford's official service information. Think www.helminc.com. imp

Thanks guys, still looking. I have the harness out and I'm simplifying it. It has 3 40 pin connectors so thats like wires im going through. Hopefully able to narrow it down to 40 or 80 because i don't need any exterior lightning or emissions stuff

Here is what im building

http://[URL=http://s1250.photobucket.com/user/jolly_rodger2/media/IMG_20170201_190011_zpseibaknou.jpg.html][ATTACH=full]312325[/ATTACH]
Here are some pix

[ATTACH=full]417254[/ATTACH]

Back