• Register Today It's free!

2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer Radio

David Penney

Reaction score
City, State
Keith, Scotland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000Explorer Eddie Bauer
Help needed, the radio in my 2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer has no display but still plays and switches on/off. I have had an electrician try the re solder fix, no joy. The radio in mine is model YL2F-18C868-CA.
I have 2 questions

1. Is there anywhere in the UK that repairs them?
2. What other units would work in mine ?
I have looked on various sites in the USA and I have also been told that the model F87F-18C868-AE/AD with RDS replaces mine is this correct.
I have steering wheel controls.

Any advice greatly appreciated

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have the Mach radio (has the RDS button) and the 6 disc CD changer, the Dorman 586-001 power board will not fix your display.

Did/do you have the Mach with the 6 disc CD changer? I bought the Dorman 586-001 power board for my '00 XLT with the Mach radio, amp, sub woofer and CD changer and it did not work. I called Dorman tech support and they told me it does not fix the blank/fading display problem on the systems with the the CD changer and they do not make one that will work (nor do they have any plans to make one that works in the Mach 6 CD system) I returned the board.

No 6 disk for me
I believe he said that the mach with the rds would work as a replacement
He did not say if his original has it or not
So I gave as many options as possible for any radio
I ran his part number YL2F-18C868-CA and found some with rds and some without
So I figured I would post a vid of a repair with a unit with rds equipped

I think his unit has a bad dc converter...power board... or a couple of bad caps or bad solder joints or all of these

He has some reading to do besides a new refurbished unit is not to bad cost wise I found some for $129 fairly quickly

Back