2000 Ex for parts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ex for parts

So true. I spent some extra money for “while I’m in there” things and I am SO happy I did.

Find the nicest 99-01 Explorer or Mountaineer that you like, for the best price. That engine and trans will swap into any of those the best, 2WD if you prefer that. The trans has to have fluid always, so replace the pan and fill it up if you have to move it at all.

Lots of V6 SOHC trucks are out there, the SOHC is making those dirt cheap in most places. NC has been a great place to find 2nd gen Explorers.
You state 99-01; what's the difference in a 98?

So true. I spent some extra money for “while I’m in there” things and I am SO happy I did.
The plan is for this to be my daughter's in a few years, so having it trouble free and ready for her is definitely a good thing.

You state 99-01; what's the difference in a 98?
Your 99 Explorer has the new style fuel system, returnless, so those make the swap a little easier. You can use a 98 if you find an exceptional one, but the engine swap will require a little more work to make the fuel system match. You need the fuel rails, injectors , plus the cam synchronizer and its wiring to be from a 99-01 model.

Back