2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD Electrical Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer 5.0 AWD Electrical Question

Dwight Schrute

Reaction score
City, State
Cuba, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello all,

I have a 2000 Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD with 175,000 miles. This past weekend I put new plug wires and plugs in and ever since I am having a random electrical issue. My headlights will come on and go off randomly along with the dash lights. Also, the when the doors are open the annoying dings come randomly as well. Today, I was trying track down a loose connection somewhere that I might have bumped or broke, but nothing found. It starts and runs smoothly as it should, but one time today it started and ran extremely rough and the check engine light came on. I ran the codes and it has a few that popped up. P1000, B1352 and 2 others that were due to the door locks not working properly (haven't in a while) and the other was a speed sensor code. I imagine that one is due to the cruise control not working at the moment. The code I am worried about is the B1352. Can anyone shed any insight in on this electrical monster that I am chasing? Thanks in advance!

Dwight Schrute

You may have disturbed some relays in the relay box under the air cleaner assembly. Most of the symptoms you list can be traced back to it.

Reseating them may help.

Also, try this free fix. You might just have disturbed some connectors.

Back