2000 Explorer antenna removal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer antenna removal

Good repair if you just need a new mast...Note to others: the base will only come out with the fender off the truck
Is there something different about yours? It seems like my entire (fixed mast) antenna assembly will come off by only removing the wheel well liner first.

The base isn't just screwed on through the top with those screws in the pictures? If you mean the very bottom of the assembly there's just a bolt on mine, no need to pull the fender to get to it.

Is there something different about yours? It seems like my entire (fixed mast) antenna assembly will come off by only removing the wheel well liner first.

The base isn't just screwed on through the top with those screws in the pictures? If you mean the very bottom of the assembly there's just a bolt on mine, no need to pull the fender to get to it.

Yeah, you can take off the lower bolt easily, but you cant remove the entire antenna as a unit

Yeah, you can take off the lower bolt easily, but you cant remove the entire antenna as a unit
What am I missing then? It's been a while since I tore into my antenna but it sure looked like the only thing left keeping it from coming out was unplugging the cable.

I know the cable came unplugged easy enough because that was the reason I'd torn into it, had bad AM radio reception and found that rain was running down the antenna mast and sitting in the connector... cleaning that out didn't fix my radio issue, but I don't listen to AM (FM was fine still) so it wasn't worth more time or money.

The problem with mine was the base was grounding the antenna somehow.

I remember it being frustrating to get the new one out of an Ex in the junkyard, but after seeing it come out of the junkyard, I was able to replace mine pretty easy.

Sorry I don't have pictures or remember exactly how many bolts from under the fender, but I was able to get at it under the fender with just removing the liner.

Back