2000 Explorer Engine & Trans Swap Done! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer Engine & Trans Swap Done!

vegasmax

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Mercury Mountioneer
Guys here is a link to the finished project. Thanks to this site and the members I was able to do what some said I would never do. I put a 2000 Ford Explorer 5.0 Gt 40 engine into a 1954 Ford Customline! I then used a 2004 4r70W transmission out of a Mustang and a rear End out of a 1992 Ford Ranger! Yes I kept the EFI from the explorer and the ECM and I also kept the transmission electronics as well. I was able to use the stock Ford Explorer wiring harness and got everything wired up! It runs great , shifts great and get good mileage as well! Please watch this youtube link and PM or call me for any questions you may have. It is time for me to give back to others and I have received call from all over the USA! Enjoy!!
Ron Max 3256681015 link: copy and paste:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's blocked

I just clicked on the link and it worked great.. Worth watching thanks Enjoy

(dead link)

The link worked for me. Fabulous job and I'm impressed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am working on it. .some say it works others don't Youtube has not got back to me yet....Thanks Guys!! A Great Forum and a lot of really good info here Guys!!a+a+a+a+a+

Back