2000 Explorer Interior Lights Diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer Interior Lights Diagram

UncorkedGecko

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
Hello I am looking at fixing a few switch lights that have gone dark. Does anyone have the interior lighting wiring diagram? The headlight selector lights, rear wiper, rear defog, and fog light buttons have all gone out. If no one has the diagram what is usually the problem? A blown bulb, bad connections, or something else? Thanks!

Hello I am looking at fixing a few switch lights that have gone dark. Does anyone have the interior lighting wiring diagram? The headlight selector lights, rear wiper, rear defog, and fog light buttons have all gone out. If no one has the diagram what is usually the problem? A blown bulb, bad connections, or something else? Thanks!

Most likely it is the illumination bulbs, assuming that your insturment cluster lights and radio buttons are still illuminated. Best solution is to replace the fog and rear defroster bulbs with LEDs - several vendors sell the LEDs already in the little twist mounts. Look about half way down the attached website for "Neo-Wedge" in both LED and bulbs. I think the mounts you want are "T4." http://autolumination.com/74.htm

The rear wiper is a little different; best thing to do is replace the bulb itself in that one.

The only really different bulb is for the headlight switch, which is in a very long mount. This bulb burns anytime the ignition is on, so it tends to go out fast. A little farther down you will see a T4 base with a longer holder; this is designed for the 4X4 switch, but is almost long enough for the headlight switch. I ended up just buying a new bulb and reusing the old holder, but it was a PITA to mount the new bulb.

Good luck.

Back