2000 explorer sport 4x4 abs light on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 explorer sport 4x4 abs light on

joe doe

Reaction score
City, State
slatington,pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ex sport 4.0 ohv
ive done all the reading ,and ive done the checking .seems this most likely to be the rear abs/speed sensor.......i checked them all ...the 2 front were 399 and 412 ohms ...the rear i couldnt get no reading at all.but my speedo still works ,this sound right??what should i actually ask for?speed sensor or rear abs sensor?i,m calling ford in the meantime.when you install the new one can you dip your finger in the diff to nab a little oil to lube the oring?i cant see buying the stuff just to lube the ring.answer what you can .thanks guys.....joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ABS sensor

ive done all the reading ,and ive done the checking .seems this most likely to be the rear abs/speed sensor.......i checked them all ...the 2 front were 399 and 412 ohms ...the rear i couldnt get no reading at all.but my speedo still works ,this sound right??what should i actually ask for?speed sensor or rear abs sensor?i,m calling ford in the meantime.when you install the new one can you dip your finger in the diff to nab a little oil to lube the oring?i cant see buying the stuff just to lube the ring.answer what you can .thanks guys.....joe

Yep, mine read infinite too (it was bad). Your symptoms were exactly what I had. I just used some clean 5/30 that I had around to lube the ring.

hey guys ...i went n picked up the rear abs sensor today to the tune of 23.00 and change right from the dealers.they actually beat the parts stores price on this one .advance had a real cheap under 10 dollar one by raybestos i could have ordered but ,you get what ya pay for so i went with the ford part.and it worked ,my abs light went out .thanks explorer forum....it was the reading i done here at the forum that helped me .so kudos to everyone.

Now on to other stuff.......i cleaned my mass airflow and reset my computer and the cheeck engine light hasnt come back on yet .....(i was getting the lean bank 1 n 2 codes).....but i do have a concern.....i was reading that these codes could mean ..clean the mass air ,which i done .....some say this could also be o rings on the intake(are we referring to the injector o rings here?)and the intake gasket itself.i have noticed i am loosing antifreeze...i just topped it off yesterday and i looked again this morning and the level is back down to where it was when i topped it off.the overflow was dry ....so i topped that off to the cold line this morning n went out.no white smoke out the exhaust or anything ....i guess my question is ...if the intake gasket is leaking will it use antifreeze up too??guess i should check my oil.

hey guys,my cel came back on now.i did clean the mass air sensor.....so whats left now ?either orings or intake gaskets??

I now it's kind of late, but a lean bank 1 and 2 could be a vacuum leak. With the cold temperatures, hoses may crack.

Good luck and let us know what you find!

Steve

Back