2000 Explorer Sport Mods

RvExplorerRV

Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Explorer Sport
Hey whats up all!!

I've had a 2000 Explorer Sport since it came out. And i've just now started to think about some mods to it. Its chaimpain outside and tan inside. If anyone has any good ideas for some mods let me know please.

G.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, you have definetely come to the right place. Welcome. For starters what are your initial thoughts? 4x4 or street ride? If 4x4 I would start with the Torsion Twist and Shackles. Check out my sig line(beware pics are large) for more ideas, and browse around this site and you will find TONS!

Welcome!

For Power you could get a Borla or Flowmaster Exhaust, a KKM intake from kustomz.com or a Chip. Those 3 mods will add significant power! You can also get a street scene grille or grillcraft grille. Check out truckperformance.com and ebaymotors.com. There's always good stuff for the explorer on both sites.

To answer the first question. I was thinking a street ride with a little 4x4 feel to it. You know what i mean? Like right now i have funning boards and a chrome grill going over my factory plastic one. I was hoping to try to get some black brush guards and black tailight guards. Also i was thinking about some bug deflectors all the way around.

To answer the second thing. I was actually hoping to do a duel flowmaster exhaust, however i don't know if i can fit that on there with the spare tire. If you all know how all that works do leave me a message.

I am also thinking about doing a sound system consisting of 3 15jl w0s and a clarion headunit. I also want to put in some tweeters but still keeping the factory JBL system. Any thoughts on that?

I also forgot the mention that i have a manual.

Thanks alot guys.

G.:exp:

Welcome to the site! I agree with the other guys suggestions. Also, see my sig for my mods.

Back