• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer Won't Start

ChronoMac

Reaction score
City, State
Auburn, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
This morning I drove to work and back to my apartment with no problems. A few hours later, though, I went out to my car to grab something and noticed that my car wasn't locking with my remote. I hit the lock button a few times to no avail. I then re-opened my door and noticed that my locks wouldn't even work manually and neither would the lights. I tried to start the car and nothing happened. No revs, no hums, no noise at all, just the Theft and Seat Belt lights flashing for a second. Now, I don't even see those. What's wrong with the car?

For a couple weeks it's been taking a tad longer to start, revving for an extra second or two before starting, but it's never died. Also, and I don't know if this is related, the Theft light, that I mentioned earlier, has been blinking for a couple minutes after I start the car, as I drive it a few miles. Some times it's static and other times blinking, but it's something that's started within about a month. I've just ignored it until now.

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Try pressing the gas pedal to the floor, insert the key and turn it to the 'on' position, then to run. I sometimes have to do that with mine to get it started when no electrical comes on.

Im having the same issue with this. Work up this morning, went for a short drive. Pulled into the parking stall and my AUTOMATIC explorer stalled out. Tried to start it. Its cranking with lots of power, however not firing.

I recently replaced the coil pack, and a fuel injector. Checked all plugs for spark. two weeks ago.

Any ideas?

98 Explorer

Im having the same issue with this. Work up this morning, went for a short drive. Pulled into the parking stall and my AUTOMATIC explorer stalled out. Tried to start it. Its cranking with lots of power, however not firing.

I recently replaced the coil pack, and a fuel injector. Checked all plugs for spark. two weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Back