• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer 5.0 wiring

Johnwimber1

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Elsinore, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer xlt
Hey guys so I did a full 5.0 swap in my 99 Ford Explorer that originally had the 4.0 and I’m kinda stuck I can’t seem too remember where the starter cable was routed threw it has a ground halfway down the cable and I’m just going completely mind blank on where it suppose too go also does anyone know of a diagram for all the vacuum lines? A few of them broke so I gotta replace them I also don’t remember where they all go lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ground goes to corner of timing cover or motor mount plate depending on year and cables come around front of motor and down pass side to starter. Take pics of the Vacuum lines you can't figure out

Ground goes to corner of timing cover or motor mount plate depending on year and cables come around front of motor and down pass side to starter. Take pics of the Vacuum lines you can't figure out
I still can’t seem too find where the ground goes the motor and trans is out of a 2000 I’m gonna post a couple pictures soon of the vacuum lines because I’m still very confused on them

I still can’t seem too find where the ground goes the motor and trans is out of a 2000 I’m gonna post a couple pictures soon of the vacuum lines because I’m still very confused on them

6490C43F-902B-45EB-A4C1-0A6B97C8E3AF.jpeg

24352CD2-88C6-4E6A-8245-64B5ED0D54BB.jpeg

0388032C-423D-4895-92B7-37B31EF99491.jpeg

BAFFA48D-966B-460D-A563-6735B175CAFE.jpeg

3901A214-8BD8-4EB0-9251-B618671FC527.jpeg

EA7D159E-B611-4456-954D-79DCDA05C95E.jpeg

So I took pictures of the vacuum lines to give you a better idea also sent you pictures of the front of the motor and motor mount so maybe you can tell my exactly where the ground is suppose too go I also took a picture of the top of the motor you can see that one of the vacuum lines are broken and there’s a metal line right next too it for something have any idea what it’s for? I can’t seem too find a tube anywhere of what it would be also took a picture of the front of the motor where they is a threaded whole just noticed it have any idea what it’s for? If you need any more pictures let me know again the car is a 1999 Ford Explorer cake with the sohc 40 and I put the drive train from a 2000 Ford Explorer 5.0 drive train in it

That vacuum line goes to the vacuum reservoir

^^^^ignore the v6 references as v8 5.0 also uses the same

The 2 shiny bolts holding the engine to the horizontal black plate in your picture are your ground attachment, front one IIRC

passenger side lower timing cover bolt ( oil pan??) is another ground. In other words you'll need to remove a bolt to attach the ground strap.

It's definitely the front bolt on the mounting plate on my '99 engine. I think the harness across the front of the engine is secured on both sides of the timing cover on mine.

Hey guys so I did a full 5.0 swap in my 99 Ford Explorer that originally had the 4.0 and I’m kinda stuck I can’t seem too remember where the starter cable was routed threw it has a ground halfway down the cable and I’m just going completely mind blank on where it suppose too go also does anyone know of a diagram for all the vacuum lines? A few of them broke so I gotta replace them I also don’t remember where they all go lol
Thank you so much guys I was able too get the starter all hooked up my only problem I’m having is the vacuum lines still they always trip me out I still also have that hose spot (shown in one of the pictures on top of the motor) I can’t seem too figure out what that was used for also the clean threaded hole on the left side of the motor on the front I have no idea what that was for but it’s clean inside as u can tell like something was there

I also found this line (the white one) it’s cut for some reason where is this suppose too go?

339A7FE4-C7D7-492C-BD7A-785AB8FD8EEF.jpeg

AF1AB487-5944-4091-9453-9D74FEB382F0.jpeg

A50F061A-25EC-4020-A146-6AC60EC5B20B.jpeg

Back