2000 Ford Explorer PATS Transceiver wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer PATS Transceiver wiring

Hendrik

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
Good day. I have imported a 2000 Explorer 4.6 V8 engine and Transmission, complete with the original PCM, Transponder key and Transceiver module. There is 4 wires on the Transceiver module (F8SB-15607-AC) which are Brown/Orange, Red/Black, Violet/Blue and Brown/Orange and I have no clue of which wire is #1 to #4. I need a wiring diagram for each wire, which are +12v, Ground, TX and RX to enable the PATS function to be able to start the engine. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good day. I have imported a 2000 Explorer 4.6 V8 engine and Transmission, complete with the original PCM, Transponder key and Transceiver module. There is 4 wires on the Transceiver module (F8SB-15607-AC) which are Brown/Orange, Red/Black, Violet/Blue and Brown/Orange and I have no clue of which wire is #1 to #4. I need a wiring diagram for each wire, which are +12v, Ground, TX and RX to enable the PATS function to be able to start the engine. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE
I am assuming you are outside of the US, because in the US the 2000 Explorer did not use the 4.6L V8 engine. Any chance it's the 5.0L V8?
Are the wires on the transceiver arranged in a single line or in a square?

^ odd, none of 1998Exp's post except the quote was visible when I posted the following.

I don't know, but I do know that there wasn't a 4.6L V8 in 2000 Explorers.

If you can get the module open and provide good high-res top-down and bottom-up pics of the PCB, odds are I can reverse engineer it enough to tell you which are power and ground (or at least how to use a multimeter to figure that out) then it would only be a matter of trying TX/RX in both remaining positions until you find which works.

I am assuming you are outside of the US, because in the US the 2000 Explorer did not use the 4.6L V8 engine. Any chance it's the 5.0L V8?
Are the wires on the transceiver arranged in a single line or in a square?
Hi 1998Exp. I Google'd for info as per the PCM number (F8VF-12A650-CD) and a few models was identified. I assume then it came from a 1998 Lincoln Town Car. It is configured in a single line.

I have no idea what's involved in installing a 4.6L engine in a 2000 Explorer. If the transceiver pinout is your only problem, you are a very lucky guy!
The 1998 Explorer transceiver has the contacts in a straight line and in the following order:
#1: Ground
#2: Power
#3: RX
#4: TX
I think that #1 is on the left looking into the transceiver, but not sure. Of course, there is no guarantee that this is identical to your Town Car module.
Also, it may be a good idea to ask on the Crownvic.net forum. Plenty of people there are familiar with the 4.6L engine of that era.

Back