2000 ford explorer sport ohv manual transmission ... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 ford explorer sport ohv manual transmission ...

jawknee99

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer sport ohv m
2000 ford explorer sport ohv 4.0 (manual)
Ok so far I haven't found one here around la area(manual explorer). Went to autozone.. -_- simple question what's the tranny oil capacity. Not on the computer.... any one on here that can help me out???. .... Also right about to change my clutch. Any tips suggestions ... I think i got this but i never changed a clutch before. Pretty good with my cars and what not .
just really tired of other people messing up when working on my car well mostly on the clutch everything else in can do myself (as long as i have the tools for it)

I guess if you really want something done right you got to do it yourself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fill is 5.60 pints/2.6 L of MerconV fluid. Can't really help on install maybe someone else will offer up some advice. Good luck!

transmission jack or plate adapter for a floor jack will be your best friend. Don't cheap out on the slave cylinder. I'd change the pressure plate and disc and inspect the flywheel. If it is grooved then replace or resurface it. Replace the pilot bearing. When I put the manual transmission in my van, I couldn't get the input shaft through the pilot bushing so I got 2 longer bolts for the upper 2 spots on the bellhousing to block. I was then able to wiggle the transmission in without having to hold it. Bleeding the clutch can be a pain, I never have a friend in the world when I need a second person. I take the C clip out of the master cylinder and lift the rod up to fill it with fluid then push it back into place and reinstall the C clip. I've got it down to under 5 minutes by myself to bleed the clutch start to finish. I learned that from a video on youtube, there are also posts on this forum that discuss it.

Cool
Do I have to shoot some brake cleaner on these parts
I got everything new fly wheel pressure plate clutch master slave....

Your owners manual will have all that information in the maintenance section.

Don't have it
Also is there anyway to fill the transmission fluid after putting it back up?

Don't have it
Also is there anyway to fill the transmission fluid after putting it back up?
I fill it through the top where the shifter goes. which parts are you asking if they need brake cleaner?

Got it done sorry for going mia for a couple of years haha

Back