2000 Ford Explorer Sport rough idle, acts like it's getting no gas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer Sport rough idle, acts like it's getting no gas

laney1968

Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
My Sport is going hay wire. The CEL is on and the codes are both bank 1 and 2 are too lean. Took it to the mechanic, he replaced one Oxygen Sensor. Told him that the idle was rough and when I came to a complete stop, the truck acting like it was going to die. He said BAD GAS, put Alcohol in the tank to absorb the water, which I did. Drove the truck about a mile, and the RPM's took a dive, the truck sputtered all the way to Autozone. The CEL was back on, gave me the same two codes. On the way back, the truck acting like it would die and it was getting no gas, eventhough I had a full tank. Finally, it did die and would not restart. Had it towed back to him. He changed the fuel filter and cleaned the MAF, said it was ready to go. Got back in it, and it started running rough again. He said the TPS was shot, but he couldn't get a code on his $5000 diagnostics machine. Should I let him replace the TPS?

Take it back to Autozone and get it scanned for codes and then post the info here. We'll give you a better diagnosis than your mechanic more than likely.

If you have a SOHC, it could be a 00M12 recall related issue.

PROBLEM SOLVED......

I traded the darn thing yesterday!

No more problems.

Back