2000 Ford Explorer stereo wiring diagram | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer stereo wiring diagram

YORKUNI

Reaction score
City, State
Grafton Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Eplorer Sport
I purchased my Eplorer about 3 months ago, and am very happy with it. I had to replace my stereo, which was a 6 CD stacker and radio. Wanting to stay as OE as possible I went to an auto salvage dealer. The unit I got was a single CD player, with radio and cassette. My old unit had only the 2 plugs at the bac, my new one has 3. (the extra for the cassette unit) The CD and radio work well, but I would like to be able to use the cassette also. I have managed to get the right wiring diagram for my vehicle, matching the old stereo unit, but have been unable to get a diagram for the new unit. Is there anyone out there that could help ? I would hate to splice the wrong wires and fry the stereo.

Thanks.

YORKUNI

Thanks for the help guys, my old unit had neither the clock or the rds button, only showed a menu button on the bottom. The replacement unit has the rds button. You are right my old unit must have been a basic unit, (despite being a 6 CD stacker) it only had the 2 plug harness, whilst the replacement unit has the three. Someone gave me the name of "Mitchell Repair Information Company, LLC" That they could possibly provide the neede wiring diagram. I will investigate and let you know how I get on.

Once again thanks for your quick replies, hope I can return the favour sometime.

YORKUNI

Back