2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4 door Center Console Removal? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer XLT 4 door Center Console Removal?

willzilla

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT AWD
The forum search feature doesn't seem to work (just gives me errors when I try to search for anything). What is the trick with removing the center console? I found various instructions, removed all of the bolts/nuts, and then hit the center bracket backwards to push to console back "at least 2 inches" to remove, but when I hit with hammer (BIG HAMMER)... it budges absolutely ZERO. Lol. Thanks!

Same error here trying to use forum search.
Yeah, def weird. I've been kind of only half poking onto the forum for the past few years just checking up on stuff as my Xploder has been my side project and kind of neglected lately, lol, so not sure if search has been wonky just recently or for a while. Hopefully fixed soon as it's really hard to navigate without any form of search! Lol.

Not sure how long furom search has been fubar.
Gotten into habit of just using google "explorerforum.com" "target subject"
Lol, yeah, I def do that quite often :D Works fairly well usually.

Ok.. I was able to bear hug the console and hulk pull it for a good 30 min on and off between hitting with a big ass hammer and was able to pull out the console, lol. I ripped out the old nasty carpet as well so all is well :D

IMG-20210121-174515.jpg

Back