• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford explorer xlt 4x4

Jay b kintner

Reaction score
City, State
Spring Hill
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 explorer xlt 4x4
My trucks power windows, locks,seats and sunroof don't work and my 4x4 high and 4x4 dash lights are flashing. Please help me figure it out

Sounds like it could be a GEM(general electric multifunction) issue. I almost have the same problems you're experiencing. I've lived without power windows for the last ten years because that part malfunctions, but I plan on replacing it with one off of ebay or the junkyard. There are some videos on youtube of people dunking the GEM in alcohol to clean everything and make it work again, but I haven't tried that method and would be reluctant to do so.

Check the Accessory Delay and Battery Saver relays. "Assuming" your driver's window one-touch down feature worked prior to all these things stopping at once, I would assume the one touch down relay still works and swap that one into the position of the Battery Saver relay.

The Accessory Delay relay is larger and won't swap with the One Touch window relay, but you might check to see if any in your under-hood junctio box are the same to swap in. You should also check the fuses, at least fuse #4 in the under-hood Junction Box and possibly others.

Those relays are usually found in a box on the right side of the driver's footwell, up under the dash a bit. I keep forgetting which model years use which layout for that box. If anyone reading this recognizes one of the pictures as matching their model year, please post which one and what model year so I can name them appropriately, thanks.

Battery Saver Relay 1999.gif

Under Dash Fuse Box  -CJB Central Junction Box.png

Relay Box 2001.jpg

Back