Solved - 2000 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD Modified (Torque Monster headers, etc) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved 2000 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0 AWD Modified (Torque Monster headers, etc)

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

willzilla

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT AWD
Sad to do it but.. For sale is my modified 2000 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0 v8 AWD. I recently moved from West TN to South Texas for work and am unable to bring all 4 vehicles with me + manage selling my house, moving, building a new house, and manage everything else.

I've worked on this car on and off for many years now (since 2011), my thread can be checked out and it quite extensive, at 2000 AWD Xploder from Turbo back to NA.

Some info...

2000 Ford Explorer 5.0L XLT AWD w/140k'ish miles

- 5.0 Engine w/ GT40p heads and intake
- 4W70 transmission
- 3.73 gears
- AWD

Current Modifications (performance):

- 39lb Cobra injectors
- Walbro GSS342 255L fuel pump
- AMSOIL Synthetic oil w/AMSOIL oil filter
- AMSOIL synthetic transfer case and differential fluids
- Taylor 8mm Spiro-Pro Spark plug wires
- Autolite 764 copper core spark plugs
- Modified MAC cold air intake w/BIG blue AMSOIL air filter
- 90mm Lightning MAF (LMAF)
- High performance 93 octane NA tune from Henson Performance
- Torque Monster headers (EGR delete)
- Custom 2.5" exhaust (no cats) into dual-in/dual-out Full Boar muffler w/side by side exit behind rear passenger tire
- Meziere WP374 electric water pump w/idler pulley
- Custom Contour dual electric fan conversion w/Delta Current Control (DCC) PWM fan controller
- 1" Trick Flow Phenolic Intake Manifold Plenum Spacer
- Max Elite Performance slotted & cross drilled rotors and carbon metallic pads
- Red powder-coated brake calipers
- KYB MonoMax Front Shock 561001 (x2)
- KYB MonoMax Rear Shock 565003 (x2)

Current Modifications (show):

- 6k HIDs in custom projectors
- 6k Xenon "HID-like" fog lights
- Custom red LED interior lighting
- AEM wideband & boost gauge in custom console gauge pod (boost gauge is falling apart and carryover from days of old, can be deleted or replaced)
- 6.5" touchscreen CD/DVD/MP3 head unit (pretty old by today's standards now)
- 8" subwoofer in stealthbox powered by factory sub amp
- Custom built LED puddle and license lights
- Lowered (a little)
- Black crager wheels

Recently replaced parts:

- Aluminum radiator
- All air-conditioning components other than the compressor (ac needs vac and filled still)
- Optima Yellow-Top battery
- All pulleys & belt
- Goodyear Tracker 2 tires
- Moog outer tie rod end ES3461 (x2)
- Moog inner tie rod end EV317 (x2)
- Moog stabilizer bar link K7275 (x2)
- Moog stabilizer bar bushing K80082 (x1)
- Moog Front Left Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint K8708T (x1)
- Moog Front Right Upper Control Arm with Ball Joint K80068 (x1)
- Moog Front Left Lower Control Arm RK620319 (x1)
- Moog Front Right Lower Control Arm RK620320 (x1)
- Moog K80065 Cam Bolt Kit K80065 (x2)
- Bump stops
- Plastic hood vent shroud piece
- Hood/gate gas lift shocks
- Oil sender switch
- Couple side window motors
- Lots of other little odds and ends lol

Fairly decent list from what I can recall... Tons of info in my thread, linked above!

Some photos (some older and some newer... TONS in my build thread):

A few videos...

(older video before alignment was done/etc)

The "bad"...

- Needs transmission fluid and filter replaced sometime soon'ish as the transmission can shutter a little if going slowly accelerating and it shifts (doesn't shutter if you are getting onto it).
- AC needs vac'd and charged (all new AC components other than the compressor but I never got around to charging it).
- Some clear-coat peeling on some of the gray body panels
- Some typical rock chips and such, plus a little rock chip by the driver door handle that has a little bit of surface rust that should be sanded in the chip and touch up painted (I have paint match pen and primer pen/etc I can include).
- Probably needs jumped or boosted as it's been sitting a couple months with me being in Texas and my wife forgetting to drive it around ever since I got her a new van :-/
- Lots of custom stuff done to the truck so that's both good and bad I suppose lol.

Miles: Around 144k or so.

Price: SALE CANCELLED. DECIDED TO KEEP IT :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump.

The torque monster headers alone go for $900 (new, of course lol), meziere water pump is like $500.. cpl hundred for the sct3.. could always strip and sell some of the parts and have almost a free truck haha.

friggin thing is so sweet! Can't you sell something else? LOL
KIDDING!
I know what moving is like.......gotta do what you gotta do deadlines and so much at stake.............bumpity

friggin thing is so sweet! Can't you sell something else? LOL
KIDDING!
I know what moving is like.......gotta do what you gotta do deadlines and so much at stake.............bumpity

Haha, thanks! If it was like.. 100 miles or so move.. I'd definitely keep.. 800 or so miles and probably multiple trips with moving truck(s).. bringing 4 cars gets to much of a pain and to time consuming sssuuuccckkksss. Lol. I'd also take partial trades as well (ammo + cash, lol).

I just bought a house so the bank acct is somewhat emptynized, but if that wouldn't be the case i'd probably grab this, as should any sensible person.

I just bought a house so the bank acct is somewhat emptynized, but if that wouldn't be the case i'd probably grab this, as should any sensible person.

Thank you! Gratz on the house!

does it have cats and full smog gear? I think I have to have that stuff in Denver, CO... unless there's a way around it... but I'm new to CO so I don't know

does it have cats and full smog gear? I think I have to have that stuff in Denver, CO... unless there's a way around it... but I'm new to CO so I don't know

Nope.. no cats, no egr. The torque monster headers also have no egr provision.

Vroom vroom! Lol

took 16 one way trips towing multiple trailers to move 3 families and the shop from Colorado to Idaho....1800+ miles
We rented two Penske trucks and a U haul, I have a 32' enclosed trailer and a 28' enclosed we used for the move.......
I am so glad that is over
I am a professional mover/driver now after all of that and driving to Denver is like second nature now..........no problem can make it in 22 hours with minimal stops :)
Sad to see goldie go, hopefully you still stick around EF even though you are Subaru Nissan Smart family after this.

Sending you a PM

Bump

Still available

Still available. Looking to begin my new house build soon.. trying to cut down on all the stuff at my tn house lol. Grab this sweet truck at a great price!

Price dropped to... $2500!

If still available I'm giving this some serious thought. I very briefly skimmend over everything
and noticed a possible deal breaker, being setup for 93 octaine gas. Is it possible to run 87 (or possible to set back up for fairley easy) for 87 octaine gas or is 93 going to be the minimum?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If still available I'm giving this some serious thought. I very briefly skimmend over everything
and noticed a possible deal breaker, being setup for 93 octaine gas. Is it possible to run 87 (or possible to set back up for fairley easy) for 87 octaine gas or is 93 going to be the minimum?

It's 93 octane only .. it wouldn't be difficult to switch to 87 but would indeed require a tune to do so (probably cost a couple hundred bucks to do so). The truck comes with the sct tuner device so only expense would be the tune itself.

Back