• Register Today It's free!

2000 ford hatch door

toughguy

Reaction score
City, State
South Florida.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2ford explorers 1999 2000
my 2000 ford EB hatch door is not right, it closes good but today after a good heavy rain I got water on the pull out cover, I traced it to the damn gap in the top of the door. I will include pictures as they will explain it better.

(Pic 1)...
Ford_Hatch%207.jpg

(Pic 2)....
Ford_Hatch%202.jpg

(Pic 3)....
Ford_Hatch%204.jpg

the blue EB is mine, you see the huge gap in the door, I bought this truck like this and didn't notice it right away, plus It didn't rain for a while.

Now these pics are from my wife's 1999 EB
Ford_Hatch%206.jpg

(Pic 2)....
Ford_Hatch%205.jpg

Huge difference in the gap, where do I begin to fix this issue. all the help is appreciated. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks to me the the hinges need to be adjusted, if that does not work you might have to replace the hinges.

It looks to me the the hinges need to be adjusted, if that does not work you might have to replace the hinges.[/QUOTE

is that easy/hard to do, or best left to a body shop?

I have not done one myself so unfortunately I could not tell you, but if you do not feel you could do it take it to a body shop.

I have not done one myself so unfortunately I could not tell you, but if you do not feel you could do it take it to a body shop.

thanks.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be that hard to do, but it would take two people to do and you'd need to start by disconnecting the support struts. The hinges are held on with 4 nuts/bolts.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be that hard to do, but it would take two people to do and you'd need to start by disconnecting the support struts. The hinges are held on with 4 nuts/bolts.

I have tried this today, loosened the four bolts and shifted the hatch back then front, and the damn thing still didn't line up.it appears the hatch door does not compress against the rubber seal.....hence the "leak"

Back