2000 Limited, Doors only lock from truck switch, will unlock from any switch. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Limited, Doors only lock from truck switch, will unlock from any switch.

y2kxploder

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Exploder
Ok Here's my issue...The truck will unlock from any of the 4 switches (drivers door, passenger door, trunk switch and key fob) but if I want to lock the truck I have to go into the trunk. When I hit "lock" on the key fob, the horn honks, but no lock...

Already tried:
changing the drivers door switch
checking fuse #18

I'm hoping this isn't a repetitious subject, but I tried doing a forum search on "door lock" and got 36 pages, so my apologies if this is a common topic.

Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So none of the doors lock from the inside using the door switches? It has got to be a connector/connectors where the signals are distributed to all of the doors from the sounds of it. Find an electrical diagram and see if you can track some sort of a junction box down that connects all of them together (it may be at the fuse box but I don't know).

The only way to get the doors to lock is using the inside switch in the trunk...other than that, correct...neither the drivers door, passenger door or key fob will lock the vehicle

Edit: I looked at a schematic and it seems as though the two front doors and the key fob go through the drivers door switch, whereas the trunk switch seems to be on its own circuit, which is why I had suspected the problem was with the drivers door switch, but no luck there.

Ok, definitely track down an electrical wiring diagram for the doors and look for a primary junction for all of the doors and check out that connection.

So, you have a 2Dr Sport?

It's a 4 door limited
I will check for another junction, thanks.

Great video!
Thanks for the reply, I haven't had a chance to take a look yet, but I will update as soon as I get a chance!
Thanks again!

Did you find a solution?

Great video!
Thanks for the reply, I haven't had a chance to take a look yet, but I will update as soon as I get a chance!
Thanks again!

Hey Guys,

Did you by any chance find a solution to this issue? I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Hey Guys,

Did you by any chance find a solution to this issue? I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Hey there,

If you watch 1996BLKBauer's video above, it was the issue with mine.

Hope it helps you too

Hey there,

If you watch 1996BLKBauer's video above, it was the issue with mine.

Hope it helps you too

I already tried that and even tried running a new wire from the rear cargo area attached to the pink/y wire, still nothing. Will inspect again and let you guys know how it goes.

Thank you

If you can lock from only the rear switch, then the relays, etc are OK and the problem is coming into the relay from the front and RAP module (keyless). It is almost always the wires if all these things are down at the same time. Pink/yellow for lock and pink/lt green for unlock. Good luck.

dude i really appreciate u posting this vid i haven't tried it out yet but im almost positive that its the same thing so thanx again

No problem, that is really why I made it, to help people out. There where many threads about it, with some pretty good pictures, but I know a lot of people are like me and learn better with videos, that way they are reassured that they are doing it right.

Back