2000 Mountaineer Build Thread. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Mountaineer Build Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well a little update. no lift or tires today... i was brushing my teeth and my filling fell out! soo yea thats going to be fun. so with work all day today i have to drive back to lambertville (hometown) to go to the dentist so she can fix it great. so that ruins the whole day. however i can now take advantage of this and great some tools at home that i dont have up here. like maybe a real jack. jack stands. etc. so that will be good! if all goes well thursday will be the day the lift goes on. and tires ordered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ready for a trip to the mounds.....:)

Check my Facebook page....my name....pics somewhere in there of us out there

Ready for a trip to the mounds.....:)

heck yea!

ive been having trouble deciding on tires. and the one place i was going to is way to pricey. so im thinking im going to be going with the wrangler authrorities from walmart. they are a cheap. 50k+ mile tire. great great tread pattern. many good reviews. and plus if i blow one out or get slashed (happened twice) i can go to the store verses waiting a 4-5 weeks for a tire through treadwright.

also it looks like last week of september there is a group going to bundy or the mounds. check out the thread... a michigan gathering is the name

well today i learned my jack wasnt strong enough to lift my truck off the ground... (poor 2 1/2 ton jack) so tommorow to the shop it goes!
but today i took some times to finish painting my right side green. and to put the bedliner higher up on the wheel wells.
i am also took measurements for my tube bumper that is being fabbed up by TJ. and hopefully will be done in the next month or so! so im stoked about that!

heres the pics of the truck now.
20a81oo.jpg

2yz0i2t.jpg

jtoxlu.jpg

34ifma9.jpg

okay i want to do something crazy... what do you guys think if i were to bedliner around the door handles say about 2-3 inches all the way around then paint the door handles the bright green like the rest of the truck?
tried paint for an idea of what itll look like
34o2cgg.jpg

I think itd be cool and different but want some opinions

IDK... I think it would look odd. The green wouldn't even be the problem really, I just think the square of bedliner would be. If you were going to put bedliner up around them, then you might as well do the whole body with bedliner up to that body line just above the handles, since that is a contour you can follow from the front of the truck to the back, and one of the traditional lines to follow for a two-tone paint job. That would also help the wheel arches not appear out of place. I mean, it looks fine to bedliner fender flares and such... But IDK, just doing it to the wheel arch looks kind of cheap.

IDK... I think it would look odd. The green wouldn't even be the problem really, I just think the square of bedliner would be. If you were going to put bedliner up around them, then you might as well do the whole body with bedliner up to that body line just above the handles, since that is a contour you can follow from the front of the truck to the back, and one of the traditional lines to follow for a two-tone paint job. That would also help the wheel arches not appear out of place. I mean, it looks fine to bedliner fender flares and such... But IDK, just doing it to the wheel arch looks kind of cheap.
Yea see I don't want to spend that much on bedliner. And I just want something unique. Hmm I guess I will wait for some more opinions and see. I've considered doing full bedliner on truck but that'd be a lot of money

Torsion Twist and Shackles

Hey guys! got some time today and did my torsion bars/ shackles. i didnt take a lot of pics. you can use the above pics as "befores" from where i did bedliner and these and "afters" i am pretty satisfied with it. i didnt think there would be a big diffrence but there definitely is!
before/ after heights
RF-34.75" end 34.5" (anyone know why this was so high?????)
LF- 33" end 34.5"
RR- 33" end 34.75'
LR- 33" end 34.5"

well i went to get an alignment at walmart and apparently they dont do them??? wtheck kind of tire and auto place are you! also got let down big time when they told me i cant get the wrangler authorities which i really really wanted due to the fact that its not an option for my truck stock. BOO!

anyways i will be getting an alignment done on monday while im at school. and then hopefully picking out tires from them but we shall see what happens i guess....

also i found a screw in my tires :eek: thankfully im getting new ones!

zval1d.jpg
apparently the noise that sounds like a rock in my tire is a screw....

2vk0qht.jpg

1zd3b76.jpg

still not a fan of the rearend looking lower. we will see how everything clears.

Looks good! Get some green on those v8 badges ;)

You can always throw an aal in the rear, they only cost like 35 bucks, that would give a bit more lift. Drive it for a few days and let the TT settle, get the alignment and see how it sits then.

Looks good! Get some green on those v8 badges ;)

yea i need to do that still. and i need to take the one on the back off and do that one. on the list of things to do.. so little time. i also still need to tint the headlights i have the stuff just no time. maybe tomorow

You can always throw an aal in the rear, they only cost like 35 bucks, that would give a bit more lift. Drive it for a few days and let the TT settle, get the alignment and see how it sits then.

i actually have an AAL in the back already.

okay so i sorta forgot that it was the first week of school for MSU/ LCC. so i am absolutely swamped schedule wise right now with stuff for our church group.
on list of to do's...
1. install LED's
2. alignment buy tires
3. Black out headlights
4. install wheel spacers

so in all good hope sunday i may be able to do the LED's. and if i play my cards right alignment thursday while at work. and then buy tires after work. we shall see how it goes though!

still waiting to hear back from TJ on my front bumper with the prrojess he is making and what not. hopefully hear back soon. not that i have any time to go pick it up.

oh yea and at some point i need to figure why my drivers window isnt going down anymore. that should probably be priority sunday.

does it make noise at all? If it does i can almost guarantee you its these 3 little bushings in the power motor.

heres a thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145469

Yea it makes noise. and goes up and down about 1 inch maybe. i am almost 100% sure this is what it is. cause it made a lovely pop noise for a few minutes then just quite working at all... the only other issue is that the window seems to be "pushing" itself out of the track away from the inside of the vehicle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay i want to do something crazy... what do you guys think if i were to bedliner around the door handles say about 2-3 inches all the way around then paint the door handles the bright green like the rest of the truck?
tried paint for an idea of what itll look like
34o2cgg.jpg

I think itd be cool and different but want some opinions

I think the use of spray on bedliner can be easily over utilized.

At some point, might as well just spray the entire truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back