• Register Today It's free!

2000 mountaineer wire issues

Charliemo

Reaction score
City, State
Milan, mo
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000, mountaineer sport
Hey so this is my first post and 1st Ford, it's a 2000 mercury mountaineer, and it came with some issues. 1st issue I noticed is the interior dim wheel is glitchy, if its not all the way off all interior and puddle lights stay on, and as I rotate it I can here clicks/pops from behind the dash (relay maybe?) Also previous owner said the window washer switch wouldnt work so he wired one in with a toggle switch. Also the door ajar light is on, and he wired 3 wires into the fuse box. And then there is the 2 wires hanging out from under the middle console laying on the floor connected to nothing. I will post pics/videos of it later in the day.

I'm looking for a little help and maybe a link to a wire diagram I can download as PDF, any help would be freaking awesome....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody know where I can access a wire diagram or purchase one as a PDF for a 2000 mountaineer ? Looked through the forums but all the online resources i saw were broken links or no longer available

I can’t hsndle it when inept people attack wiring. For the door ajar light, open the doors one at a tine with the keys in. Each door opened should ding the warning bell. When you get to the door ( or hatch or window) that doesn’t ding, that’s your offender.

If it’s the front washer not working it’s most likely the multi function switch.

As for the hacked in wiring, you’ll have to start tracing it out.

For the wiring diagrams, head on over to EBSCOhost Login and login with
Username: s8921298
Passowrd: password

Then click on Auto Repair Reference Center, then complete the drop down boxes to select the correct truck. Then go to Diagrams and all the wiring diagrams you heart could ever desire will be at your fingertips.:)

Hope that helps!

Thanks Collin I appreciate that, and mbrooks that's the first thing i tried along with cleaing the connectors, and testing them to make sure I had signal and ground.

The door switches have grounds?

Take the switch apart and clean it.

There are a couple of write ups on how to do it on this site.

Yes they have 2 wires iIbelive one is a ground, and I did take them apart and clean them, I'm wondering if it might be the lift gate, it is stuck shut now, i found there is a metal "pin" in a Groove that the rods connect to (the 2 rods going left and right) if I lift the bracket with the groove and slide it off the pin I can open the hatch, can some one tell me what the pin is for? I looked at some diagrams but the pics are vague and dont show this pin.

Picture please

I’ve had to replace the handle once and the little plastic clips multiple times.

I can’t picture what you’re describing.

I’ll try to get a couple of mine and post later.

Back