• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ranger Gauge HELP!!!

ranbd06

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT Ranger 00 XLT Ra
Ok..so i bought the white face gauge kit for my 2000 Ranger 3.0 i had to pull the needles of all the gauges to put them on..and now the only gauge that works is the oil pressure gauge. i have lights..and the the Fuel Reset light is on. is this the problem?? or do i need to go further?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you mean "works"

Are the gauges working, but not working correctly/showing wrong levels, or are they not working at all?

If they're not working at all, you may have a misconnected harness in teh back- did you snap all 3 of them back on?

well..none of the gauges actually work correctly. the oil pressure needle is off..but still moves. the Rpm, Mph, Fuel level, Coolant Temp, and Battery gauge dont move at all. I made sure all the connectors were snapped in. tried a couple of times and nothing.

oh ok..i did check fuses. still nothing.

well its not a gauge kit..it was just the white face plates. thats what i dont understand..i didnt change anything as far as an actual cluster. yet im having these issues.

well its not a gauge kit..it was just the white face plates. thats what i dont understand..i didnt change anything as far as an actual cluster. yet im having these issues.

Are the connectors aligned correctly and pressed in all the way ? They should be keyed anyway. I don't think they can be mixed up due to pin assignments.

Usually, simple things .......

Back