2000 Ranger Transmission Mystery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ranger Transmission Mystery

vinsont70

Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Anyone that can help me with this I would REALLY appreciate it. I have a 2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 3.0 that got stuck in the mud and the tranny started slipping badly. I dropped the transmission tore it down replaced the clutches but over all the transmission looked really clean and I didn't see any damage at all. Put everything back together and the same thing. So I bought a re-man'd VB and still the same thing. I then replaced the VSS and still it slips like hell in all gears. I re-adjusted the bands just because I couldn't think of what to do next but still the exact same thing. I am getting an OBDII code P0743 and P0755 but don't know what to do with this information. The only thing left to replace would be the pump, tc and the computer, but I'm running out of money so I could really use some help.

Here is a little more information about my problem. I have replaced the T.C. with no change. This problem is really starting to drive me crazy. I have found that if I unplug the computer cable going to the transmission reverse will start working great, plenty of power and no slipping. This makes me think I might have a computer problem but there are no codes on the OBDII since replacing the TC. I assume I did have a TC problem now that my OBDII codes are gone and don't come back. I just don't understand all the slipping/loss of pull.

Back