2000 Xls | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Xls

My Y2K X

Ok so the name's Jim
I live in Columbia, MD

My explorer is a 2000 XLS 4-door 4X4
I bought it used in 2003

I'm what you could call a fan of both the street scene and the off-road.
So I'm trying and failing miserably to combine the two.

Mods that are soon to come off.....
Autoventshade Bugflector
Autoventshade Vent Visors (Removed 09/04)

Mods sitting in a pile in my living room waiting to be put on......
Diamond Cut Headlights (installed 09/04)
Clear corners with silverstar 3157's (installed 08/04)
Carbon Fiber Altezza tails with blue reverse 3157's (installed 08/04)
Eurodezigns 9007 headlight bulbs (installed 08/04)
Eurodezigns H1 Foglight bulbs (tried to install 08/04, user error = snafu)
Shorty 9.5" black billett antennae (scrapped, installed rubber stubby 09/04)
A crapload of Decals - mostly Ford/Explorer, Redskin, Raiders, and Dale Jarrett #88 stuff (lost most of them, found a few, will install when the weather warms up :))

Planned mods for the near future......
EGR Carbon Fiber Superguard, Vent Visors and Dustguard (will install 11/04)
Volant Cool Air Intake System

My ultimate wishlist Mods.....
Lund Lighted MoonVisor
Westin Sportsman Black Grille Guard
Black Billett Insert for upper and bumper Grilles (still looking for them 11/04)
Carbon Fiber Dash Kit
Pro Comp All Terrain 31's with a little T bar crank and some Warrior shackles (am thinking I may like the bridgestone dueler revo's better...hmmmmmmm)

So thats my attempt at modding an X.
Mostly cosmetic changes but hey it works for me.
If you would like to make a comment please feel free.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I may be mostly show but I got some go too.
And if anyone can tell me where I can get an upper and lower black billett grille let me know, I am having a helluva time trying to find a matching pair.
Thanks

P.S. - Once I figure out how to use a digital camera and post pics I will link to them. (I figured out how to use a digicam on 11/14/04 - hooray for me :))

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like your Explorer is going to look pretty hot when you're done.

If you have some pics on your computer, pm me and I might could post em on my webspace for ya.

Hail to the Redskins!

Ok I finally am getting this digicam thing figured out and have my own cardomain page. I'm slowly getting things together on the X as well.
I took off the ventisors, and have new carbon fiber ventisors to put on, I'll put them on and take the old bugsheild off when the new carbon fiber bugshield arrives. EGR no longer makes a carbon fiber dustguard so I'm going to get a Ford OEM wing and have it color matched. I put on the altezza's and some carbon fiber ultra silblade windshield wipers in August. I also added the clear corners up front as well as the diamond cut headlights, only problem is I can't seem to get the headlights aimed properly, as you might be able to tell from the pics. I also ditched the idea of a billett antennea as I went through three different brands with no success. I settled on a black rubber stubby, which I thinks looks pretty decent. I've also got neoprene seat covers up front , which are getting kind of worn out after being on for a year a nd a half. Stereo is still stock, which is fine with me. Future mods consist of a volant CAI, BBK throttle body, and Granetelli MAF. That trio may be my christmas present to myself. In the spring I will probably get a new exhaust, most likely a flowmaster 50 series. I'm still in turmoil over which tires to get, I've been thinking a lot about the Dueler Revo's.
Anyways, here are some pics.
728601_2_full.jpg

728601_4_full.jpg

728601_9_full.jpg

Lets lift that thing..

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:
We'll have to discuss that at the M&G.
I'm all for it, just can't do it at my house. I had my fat ass crawling under there the other day and my neighbors just about threw a fit, stupid columbianites :fire:.

jimcom said:
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:
We'll have to discuss that at the M&G.
I'm all for it, just can't do it at my house. I had my fat ass crawling under there the other day and my neighbors just about threw a fit, stupid columbianites :fire:.

Bring it on over.. I've got a garage but no airtools.. Hopefully by Christmas I'll have a compressor in my garage.

Ok so it's about time for an update :)

I've done the TT, didn't get much out of it, but maybe an inch or so.
Haven't done the shackles yet, but I will get them one of these days.

I just installed a new Head unit. Last years model on sale at crutchfield, and I really like it, my first attempt at ever using an aftermarket HU.
Panasonic CQ-C8100U
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8zuRIW0TdsM/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=133C8100&search=8100u
Head and shoulders above the stock unit, I really liked the stock unit, but this blows it away.
Next up on the audio front are some Infinity speakers for the doors, and I am going to break down and buy a powered thunderform off ebay at some point.

Just put on a carbon fiber steering wheel ring. Now before you laugh, just listen. I have a carbon fiber fetish, I know I'm ill, I'm dealing with it, so should you. :)
This thing looks great, I kid you not.
http://pickuptruck.performancecente...orer/sf4_Styling+Rings/partnumber_GRT7204XXX/

I also just finished installing a Volant Cool air intake kit, which I am very proud of.
http://www.volantperformance.com/pdetail.asp?ID=66
That thing was a pain in the ass to put in, I'm not going to lie. I had to ghetto rig a few things, but it's in there. Not positive if it really adds that much HP, I'd ask the seat of my pants, but I lost them somewhere on the road when I layed the hammer down. :)

Oh yeah, a few months ago I added the diamond cut corners to match the headlights, changed out the silverstar lights with silver visions, which gives it a cleaner look during the day. Nothing new there, everyone here has that stuff.

I've also got a really nice set of 31" Pro-comp all terrains wrapped around some Xtreme Alloys that I have yet to put on, along with a set of Rancho RSX shocks for the 4 corners.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/packages/index.asp?ParentPacID=64
They've only been sitting in my living room since April.
I'll get to them one day, I bought the Volant in november and just got it put in today (July 2nd). So I'm making progress. LOL

I bought a black carraige works billet grille last fall as well, but I'm thinking I may go the grillcraft route instead. We shall see.
http://www.grillcraft.com/applicati...AUER,+XL,+XLS,+XLT,+(MODELS)+&years=1998-2001

I'd post some pictures, but the most recent modification in my life, was that of my fiance leaving me last month, and she took the digital camera with her, so no pictures.

I'll update again when I actually get something accomplished.
Thanks for visiting. :)

those clear corners look really good on that truck

I forgot to mention that I also debadged the explorer yesterday. Used the ol' fishing line trick. Still picking glue off though, lol.

I also forgot to mention that I got new motorcraft platinum spark plugs and JBA blue plug wires, they are resting comfortably in my living room with the tires/wheels. :)

Back