2000 XLT - Aftermarket Third Brake Light (LED) recommedations ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 XLT - Aftermarket Third Brake Light (LED) recommedations ?

expl0rerct

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLT
I want to replace my 3rd brake light with an aftermarket LED assembly. Can anyone recommend a particular make/model ? I want to do this mainly for the increased brightness.

Thanks.

2000 XLT
SOHC 4.0L

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've never seen such a thing and I've owned a 98-01 2nd gen Explorer for 8+ years. Also, that 3rd light is a ***** to remove. This isn't a mod I'd relish and wouldn't bother with personally.

well if you do decide to do a led swap. can i buy your old tube/bulb and the ballest? please and think you, kj4kym

I've never seen such a thing and I've owned a 98-01 2nd gen Explorer for 8+ years. Also, that 3rd light is a ***** to remove. This isn't a mod I'd relish and wouldn't bother with personally.

I was looking at This One on eBay. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has installed one of these units, and if anyone could comment on the quality, brightness, etc.

Back