• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2000StreetRod's Helpful thread list

2000StreetRod

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Sport FI, 03 Ltd V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Hitchhikingmike

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLS
Thanks for the information. All very helpful.

glockman

Reaction score
City, State
Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
Your detailed documentation has not only saved me a great deal of money and frustration but also lead me to be a better mechanic. I truely appreciate the great deal of time you have spent putting these procedures together.

lurker01

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Just to add a little.
Did not take engine out. Main tensioner broken as well as tensioner on balance shaft. Managed to get new balance shaft tensioner in without taking engine out. Took new spring off new base, notched the spring on the end that goes on the pin, bent old (still mounted) base down a little, installed new spring on old base (was not too easy, just be persistent), bent old base back into place. Did not take crank sprocket off either.

Joe Dirt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Camry
To add a little to...?

I'd post that in the actual thread, it's out of context here...

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Thanks Dale!

I stuck this to the top of the sub forum, then closed this thread. That way people can post in the appropriate forum as Joe suggested. You should still be able to edit your first post should you have other good tips.

4modlite

Reaction score
City, State
Charleston,WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer XLS
Need instructions and/or possibly a wiring diagram on troubleshooting the od button on the end of the shifter for an 01 Explorer,or is it easier to just buy a new one and replace it? Currently cannot turn off od any help is greatly appreciated.