2001 4door explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 4door explorer

Cliff

Reaction score
Hi there!!!
Im looking for good pic of the 2001 4door
explorer.

Should I buy a 2000 4door explorer or wait for the 2001?? What do you guys think???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It depends, if you plan on doing much offroading or possibly lifting your truck, I would go with the 2000 Explorer. The 2001 will have independent suspension all around, which, in the opinion of many, and more over fact, is less offroad capable. Also with independent suspension there is little to no likelihood of seeing a lift created for such a vehicle due to the compexity of independent suspension, let alone finding a company willing to make one for it. The 2001 Sports will however still have a solid rear axle, but this is the 2 dr model Explorer. Hope I helped.

------------------
Tim Y.
1996 Explorer XLT
4.0L OHV 4x4

There's a thread on here with the picture. Run a search for 2001 Explorer, its okay looking. Lots of plastic, as expected.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
97 Explorer Limited 4X4 SOHC V6
98 Lexus LS400

Thanks for the info on the 2001 vs 2000. I'm considering a new Explorer and had been wondering about whether I should wait for a 2001. Probably not. Not crazy about the look anyway. It doesn't look bad in the Sport but loses something in the 4-door.

------------------
Rick & Cheryl J.
'94 XLT 4x4
Custom 2" lift, Rancho 5000s
Borla exhaust, over-size sway bars
More to come!

The Sport and the 4 Door are totally separate vehicles now. The styling is not shared.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
StephenLS400@aol.com
------------------
97 Explorer Limited 4X4 SOHC V6
98 Lexus LS400

Yeah - I know. I guess what I was trying to say was that I like the 2001 Sport styling but I'm not crazy about the 2001 4 door styling. Maybe it just has to grow on you. Once I see the "real" thing I might like it more. Seems like people around here are waiting for the 2001; got some great deals going on the 2000's to get them moving.

------------------
Rick & Cheryl J.
'94 XLT 4x4
Custom 2" lift, Rancho 5000s
Borla exhaust, over-size sway bars
More to come!

Back