2001 EB Explorer A/C Leaks 6Cyl SOHC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 EB Explorer A/C Leaks 6Cyl SOHC

Pulaskiman

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer
Hi folks, I new here so please bear with me. I turned on my A/C recently and it only blew out warm air. I checked the compressor on the A/C and it wasn't turning over. It was free to turn by hand, so I checked the pressure on the system (I bought a set of manifold guages). Zero's all around. I bought a can of 134a, and put it into the system to find the leaks. I did find two small leaks, but I need help with how to fix them. First, when I disconnected the small can of refrigerant, the low pressure valve is hissing a little. Seems like I have a leak in the valve (looks similar to a tire pressure valve). Second, I observed fluorescent green oily stuff coming out of a brass fitting on the manifold connector behind the compressor (next to one of the pressure sensors?). What is this fitting, and can it be replaced individually, or does the whole manifold line need replacing? Pressures on the A/C system (sitting static) with the engine off: Low side = 63 psi, High Side = 60 psi.

I would appreciate any help you folks could offer! I would prefer to repair myself if at all possible! Thanks in advance!!

Back