2001 engine mount removal and replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 engine mount removal and replacement

larrywilliam

Reaction score
City, State
Philippines
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport Trac
Hi guys...looking for pictorial on how to change the engine mounts on my 2001 V6, pictures, and explinations are welcomed.......thanks heaps

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your 2wd its pretty simple. You should be able to chain up the motor, unbolt the mounts lift and replace. If your 4wd you will have fun with the drivers side one.

Just sent you the instructions from the Shop manual. Maybe it'll help ya out.

Steve,, can you give me info on the doughnut shaped rubbers that fit between chassis, and body on my 2001 sporttrac, (4WD) how easy to replace, cost of the ford part (aprox) ..........most of the rubbers under my truck are shot and perished, rotted away, and I wonder if a bumping sound could be body , chassis contact ?? looking under the truck there is 8 rubbers each side fitting under, and over the chassis mounts, the compound is rubbish, and crumbles to the touch, I have a guy here in CDO who has the metal mould to cast new rubbers of a much better and durable compound as replacements, as usual your thoughts are highly regarded..............Larry

supposedly daystar created a replacment body mount bushing kit for the exlporer sport, sport trac made of polyurethane rather then the factory ford rubber. might be an idea to check that online. part #KF04009BK

link to where i got this info:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2770646

Back