2001 explorer sport 2dr v8 swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 explorer sport 2dr v8 swap

Good news, good all my wiring done, thank you for the help. I got the evtm from the local library which I should have done before I started this. With those and ur help I was able to get it straightened out. As for the speedometer it works as well as the cruise control. So guess no speed sensor issue. The transmission was a matter of having the lines on the cooler loose which I guess was sacking air but not leaking. Weird. So just gotta finish up installing the a/c box and charge the system and we should be done. With the exception of a tune. My fuel trims are running at - 30% just to keep it running.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good to hear it's all coming together nicely.

Sounds good when are you getting it dynoed?

Working on the base tune right now. Got some data logging done and emailed to James Henson. So far we got it - 15% on the fuel and it's still rich according to the fuel trims. I got to wait to Wednesday till the wideband gets here. But it's definitely getting closer.

If you have pics more vids and maybe a write up is in order?! exactly my plan for my 01 sprt

swap

If you have pics more vids and maybe a write up is in order?! exactly my plan for my 01 sprt

Is your 01 a early or late model?

I believe early how can you tell again?

What's the build date on the door tag? The early 01 was built before mid June 2000.

Is there a difference between the early and late models?

Some day I will swap a 5.0 into my 97 sport. Ideally I will put a granny geared 4 speed behind it since it's strictly a wheeler, it never see's pavement. Good job on getting yours up and running!

Yeah there is, the early and late model have some slight wiring differences, the early model also uses the 4wabs as the vss source, where the late model uses the pcm, but the early model is ideal for a 5.0 swap as it also has pats b, where the late model 01 switched to pats e, so if you have an early 01 the swap will be easier.

Sweet :) so we agree the? More pics vids and a write up is in order? Lol

Back