2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC Cylinder Misfire Codes | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC Cylinder Misfire Codes

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ironhed85 I want to applaud you for pursuing this problem with such tenacity. I have watched this thread with interest and I am happy to see it closed with resolution. Best wishes in your future engine endeavors.

it all points to the wires being plugged on the wrong spark plug, misfires and a rich condition indicate that you have unburnt fuel going out of the tail pipe.

check the wires and make sure they are connected to the right plug, gap the sparkplugs to the oem spec and get motorcraft iridium plugs. bosh plugs are for german cars.

has the check engine light flashed at you?

My check engine light flashes at me with the same symptoms whats
that mean

Yeah like all six cylinders! :(
I wish the previous owner hadn't lied about what he did or hadn't cheaped out on the parts. Last time I checked Autolite plugs don't come pre rusted.

I know this is a old thread, but i have a 99 Explorer 4.0 SOHC with 5 codes. P1151, P0300, P0304, P0305, P0306. I think its the O2 sensor but not sure. I own a ELM 327 scanner, so i can check things over with that if you guys need more information.

Back