2001 Explorer Sport 7" lift

2001ExpSport

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Here are some quickie photos of Kris's truck. He has a few more pictures on his roll and then we'll have more.

I love the way this truck looks!

3" bodylift
4" Trailmaster
33" Baja Claws

(lost photos)

Know I just need him to cut the bottom of his bumper off!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice man. Looks good! Looks like 35 could fit maybe? Is it me or do 01s have more wheel well space in front?

wow, that looks awesome!

The 01's seem to have a tiny bit more room only because of the rocker panel design. Other than that and shape, they are the same.

BTW, he has plenty of room for 35's.

dam Matt, that looks awesome!! so when should i bring my Sport back over????????????
Rick H.

34s ?

i knew the had more space. I think it makes a difference since that where I rub. Are those BIAS claws or radials? You think SSR 33.9x12.5 would fit with just the 4" on a 00? :D

Re: 34s ?

Originally posted by soupbone
i knew the had more space. I think it makes a difference since that where I rub. Are those BIAS claws or radials? You think SSR 33.9x12.5 would fit with just the 4" on a 00? :D

They are radials and no the 33.9's would not fit.

Originally posted by GRNMACHINE
dam Matt, that looks awesome!! so when should i bring my Sport back over????????????
Rick H.

Whenever you want Rick!

It is a Surco Safari Rack, I have the 40x50 sized one. It makes no noise at all and it is solid as a rock. I like it better than the other ones out there, because it is made of aluminum so it is light. I lifted it on top with the tire carrier already mounted on it by myself. Here is where I ordered mine from...

Here is the page from there catalog...

rack.jpg

Thanks,
I think that I am going to get it.

Which lights did you get? I hope that you don't mind me asking, but it looks so good. I usually like round light, but your X looks great with the rectangle lights.
How did you wire those through your roof?
You probably told many people this already, but I did not see it on the board. Thanks for all your help.
Are you going to Attica next weekend? Looks like a lot of people are going. I am lookin forward to it. Hope to see you there.

The lights are real cheapo lights. $24 a pair at Pep Boys. They are called Ralley and they are only 55w each. I just can not justify spending more than $30 on a set of lights that I will only use maybe twice a year. Autozone and Walmart also carry lights called Blazer and they are a little bigger, but still 55w. I am replacing mine next year with them.
As for the wiring, I just drilled a hole and ran 3 wires (1 ground and two power through. If I was to do it again I would just go through the back hatch, because with the Safari Rack you can hide the wires. I put the lights on before the rack, so I didn't have any way to hide them.
I am also looking forward to Attica, this is going to be my last run of the year. See ya there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back