2001 explorer sport double din | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 explorer sport double din

datdirtys

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
i want to get a double din for my 01 explorer sport but i'm not sure if it will fit. dose anyone know if i will have to make any chnges to my suv to put this in or will i just need a kit...??? the tv i want is a JVC KW-AVX710 can someone please help me...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome dat

what u mean double din

double din is the size of the stereo head unit, and it looks like that will fit just fine. Just need a mounting kit.

thnx jeff

Trim the bezel surround, use a kit. From there, how difficult is how much care you want to put into it. Paint the filler plate to match, hide the antenna wire when running for the GPS, solder (instead of taping) wires, etc. It's not that difficult.

d2.gif

d3.gif

great so all i gotta do is a lil triming and some paiting for a better look... sounds good to me i will be ordering tonight:thumbsup::D

well...

do those images also by chance apply to a 1998 mercury mountaineer? i have the stock dash and head unit, but the unit wont read cds and has broken screen... i am looking to put in a double din unit down the road, because i dont have the money for it now... and where is the amp for the subwoofer for the mach sound system...??? please help....

do those images also by chance apply to a 1998 mercury mountaineer? i am looking to put in a double din unit down the road, ....

Yes get the Metra BKFMK552 kit and cut the top and bottom lip not the sides. Here is mine that I need to touch up still.

IMG_1361.jpg

Back