sean2322

Reaction score
City, State
ranom, ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
hello people.
i just purchased a 2001 ford explorer sport its rear is sagging very very badly
approx. 2-3 inches lower than in front. i do however have the 4 leaf springs on the rear i found some online for about 350 - 400 $ range and 150 used at the junk yard .. would add a leafs help any ?

any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated .. thanks in advance..

i bought my 01 sport st 45000 miles and it did the same thing. In fact every sport that year ive ever seen was like that. I got the lift shackels from auto zone and it leveled out after that. Ive put an additional 40000 miles on the truck and havent had a problem since. Hope this helps.

I would recommend avoiding the shackle route if possible and go with correcting the sagging springs. That's what's wrong with the vehicle after all.

wow thanks for the replies

thanks for the response
i have read that you can to a f150 leaf spring swap if so do ya know what year and model 4wd or 2wd will work

i prefer to do a swap of some sort because the factory springs seem too week im not sure if a 4 door exlporer swap will help much because every thing i read says there 4 leafs and that is what i already have .

plus i am planning to do the torsion bar adjustment so i would like a couple of extra inches in the rear and i am assuming the f 150 swap would be best if it is truly possible .. thanks in advance

Back