2001 Explorer Sport Steering Wheel Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Explorer Sport Steering Wheel Replacement

mr_dbc

Reaction score
Hello,
Just wondering how to replace a steering wheel on a 2001 Explorer Sport. Also which Wheels and from what year Explorers are a direct swap with mine. I can't seem to find any from an 01 here in Manitoba Canada. Mine looks like complete trash from the previous owner.
Thanks,
DBC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A week and a half and no replies. I took a chance on a wheel out of a 02 4 door and it fit in case anyone else needs to know this.
Thanks,
DBC

if i would have know that, i have one from the 95-00 sport, or 01 xlt ones that we could have tried. i have both leather, and a plastic wheels.

No worries, I'm good to go now an ps pulling that wheel was a pain Thanks anyways,
DBC

I've had luck with them. normally i loosen the bolt almost all the way out, and have been able to wiggle them free. hopefully you will look around on here. there is tons of info on these little trucks, and loads of great people as well.

Yah I did the wiggle pound my palm thing for 2 hours and finally went and bought a puller which was almost useless too however with some modification made it work.. I've changed lots of wheels but for some reason this one was stubborn. Oh well its done and no longer looks like rubbish.
Thanks,
DBC

Back