2001 Explorer XLS lift kit and tires question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Explorer XLS lift kit and tires question

dubordm

Reaction score
City, State
edmonton
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 xls
i am looking at the 4" kit from superlifts, will i be able to run 33x12.5x15 tires with no problems?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dead Link Removed

should be fine, do some searching, torsion twist will help if the front tires rub when turning. im running 32x11.50's with 2'' of lift the they only rub when at full turn

if i torshion twist the front how do i lift the back? what and where can i purchase to lift back to match front

depends on your budget, what you can do/tools, and what size tires your want to run. like i said im running 32's with just the torsion twist (TT), and the rear i have Add-A-Leafs (AAL's) and longer spring shakles (i made customs, warrior makes some WAR-153 and autozone sells a cheap knock off). with my setup the tires look good, but the front rub when you turn all the way or hit pot holes. i had to remove the plastic skirting below doors and the little piece at bottom of front fender, cut the front plastic skirting on front bumper, then i took a hammer to the corner of the fender and bent it in a little bit. do some searching you will find a ton of information. you are 4x4 correct? i can send you some links to stuff if ya want.

i have a 96 4x4 xlt and running tt, war shackles, aal, and swapped pass leaf to driver and driver to pass with 33x12.50x15 tires no problem at all

i have a 96 4x4 xlt and running tt, war shackles, aal, and swapped pass leaf to driver and driver to pass with 33x12.50x15 tires no problem at all

got any pics? my 32's fill the wheel wells up pretty good. TT/Shackles/AAL and 33's is pretty amazing, you dont have any rubbing???

where can i get an add a leaf kit for my 2001 ford explorer xls

summit racing has them, i think they are 32 bucks, pretty easy to put in. pro-comp makes them

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-13120/

oh, and if you call them and tell them you want add-a-leafs for a 2001 explorer, they will tell you they dont have them. they told me that when i got them for my 99. for some reason their computer says they dont fit... they do.... same ones i put in my 96. the leaf springs never changed, only the Sports are different....

i dont have any current pictures but this is what it looks like for now... but i just bought a body lift so going to be adding to this..

DSCN0454.jpg
DSCN0456.jpg

Looks good!

ya that does look very good! love the painted grille! i did that to my 96, really sets off the front end lol a body lift would look good on that, i have one waiting to go in also

look in my signatures i have the superlift, and run 33's and 35's ,

look in my signatures i have the superlift, and run 33's and 35's ,

the superlift is my summer project. cant wait, explorers look bada$$ with 35's!

depends on your budget, what you can do/tools, and what size tires your want to run. like i said im running 32's with just the torsion twist (TT), and the rear i have Add-A-Leafs (AAL's) and longer spring shakles (i made customs, warrior makes some WAR-153 and autozone sells a cheap knock off). with my setup the tires look good, but the front rub when you turn all the way or hit pot holes. i had to remove the plastic skirting below doors and the little piece at bottom of front fender, cut the front plastic skirting on front bumper, then i took a hammer to the corner of the fender and bent it in a little bit. do some searching you will find a ton of information. you are 4x4 correct? i can send you some links to stuff if ya want.

Q- how exactly do you cut the front bumper? not the crome bumper but the hard plastic one.

i used a grinder with a cut off wheel. just cut the corner off. anything will work... hacksaw, sawzall, even utility knife. i just eyballed it lol

Back