• Register Today It's free!

2001 ford explorer sport 4x4

lovemycats

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer sport
ign on truck off neutral foot on brake 4H light came on 4L switched over light on started truck 4H only turned off truck tried again 4L then started truck would not come out of 4L turned off truck neutral 4H ok 4L ok started truck no 4L What the heck any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Unfortunately your texting post is beyond comprehension.

Please slow down, re post your question and I am sure folks will try to help. Try to avoid abbreviations and text slang as these may be confusing.

sorry! When I turn on my 2001 ford explorer sport I get 4wheel high and no 4 wheel low. When I turn the truck off with the ignition on and in neutral I can switch from 4wheel high to 4wheel low. I can hear the motor switching over and all dash lights come on, then I turn on the truck and again no 4wheel low and no light on the dash just 4 wheel high.

Are you switching to 4lo in neutral with your foot on the brake? It reads like you are when the truck is off but you didn't specifically say that your were when the truck is running.

yes! high and low both come on but when I start the truck 4 high lights up and works fine I just used it in the snow 2 hours ago but 4low will not light up or work

Low fluid in the t case?

2001 ford explorer sport my over head console with my inside lights and out side temp reading. Both lights work but temp is out is there a bulb in there I could not find one

Back