2001 Ford Explorer Sport Fuel Pressure Rail location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Fuel Pressure Rail location

DanaM

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport 4WD
Greetings,

Truck up in the air, please tell me where the fuel pressure rail is to release the fuel pressure. Pics would be nice, I am trying to change the fuel filter.

Thx!

D a n a

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can do a few things to relieve fuel pressure.. flip the inertia switch on the passenger side foot area or remove the relay for the fuel pump and crank for a minute. That should relieve the fuel pressure. If you really wanna do it via the shrader valve.. here's where it is..

Attachments

• fueltest.jpg
    fueltest.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,835

2001 Sport Track fuel-rail Schraeder is at the rear of the passenger side rail (almost impossible to get to, I'd kick the engineer in the teeth for that and the d#*m spark plugs, if I could find him!) NOT AS PICTURED. The pic must be from a 2000 model year or earlier.

different vehicles

2001 Sport Track fuel-rail Schraeder is at the rear of the passenger side rail (almost impossible to get to, I'd kick the engineer in the teeth for that and the d#*m spark plugs, if I could find him!) NOT AS PICTURED. The pic must be from a 2000 model year or earlier.

The Sport and the Sport Trac are different vehicles. There are numerous differences between them.

Back