2001 Ford Explorer Sport Turn Signals Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Turn Signals Not Working

LearnFord

Reaction score
City, State
Bronx, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Alright, so I am new here, and I have browsed through many forums looking for someone who had the same problem as me... many similar, none the same.

I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 4x4, and the turn signals do not work, but allow me to be more specific. The hazard lights do work, when I put the switch in position, the green light in the dash lights up for just a split second, but does not stay on. If I toggle the switch up and down, sometimes I can get the turn signal to illuminate for just a second, but never do they fully engage. I have taken apart the steering column and checked all the wires in the plugs, and raised and lowered the column to see if it made a difference(there is no difference). I have not checked all the relays and fuses, because I am not sure where to start. I can say that I hear the turn signal relay click in to place when I put the multifunction switch in to either position.

Any and all help is appreciated. Also I know that all the lights are good, and that the guy before me replaced the brake lights with LED Bulbs if that matters.

If you've searched you probably already know this. Search MFS or Multi Function Switch in this stock 1995-01 sub forum and you
will find six pages of threads. Also check the 2001-05 Sport Trac sub forum since the front end is identical to 2001-03 Sports. GL

Back