2001 Ford Ranger Edge bumper HELP PLEASE!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Ford Ranger Edge bumper HELP PLEASE!!!

AHF20

Reaction score
City, State
Cool, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Ranger Edge
Hello! Long story short when I was walking to my truck that was parked in a parking lot I noticed something very strange about my bumper.... I have never noticed it until that day and I am pretty sure someone hit my bumper and took off without leaving me a note. On the left side front bumper it is shifted down and pressed in. However, on the right side its not shifted and has a gap how it should be.

Here are a few pics just to show you what it looks like.

Left side bumper (The part that shifted down and is pressed in)
037.jpg

035.jpg

And here is the right side how it should be

039.jpg

Can one please give me any information how I can fix my bumper? I have no idea what to do.... Should I try to fix it myself along with a friend? Or should I cough out the extra money to take it into a auto shop?

Does it look like I need a new bracket or anything else? or does it look like I can push it back up????

I really need some help and I would really appreciate it!

Here is what my truck use to look like before someone hurt my pride and joy

187.jpg

Thanks yall,

I hope someone can help me out!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Nice looking Ranger...:D

...If you had a better location than Cool,Ca., Somebody in your area may be able to suggest where you might get help...:dunno:

...Nice looking Ranger...:D

...If you had a better location than Cool,Ca., Somebody in your area may be able to suggest where you might get help...:dunno:

Thank you! I am always near Sacramento, Ca. does that help?

Everyday when I look at my truck I get very upset and ask why would someone just hit my truck and not leave a note of any sort?.... Now I am having a huge headache rather or not to try to fix it or take it to a shop? I am just confused how to take the bumper off and if it needs a new bracket or if I could bend it back to shape?

Thank you very much! So I take it that I shouldnt try to fix it myself?

Thanks again!

And since these people are mobile do they come to my house? I will sure give some calls around and get some digits!!!!
Yay

....Any luck with this???...:popcorn:

Hello! Long story short when I was walking to my truck that was parked in a parking lot I noticed something very strange about my bumper.... I have never noticed it until that day and I am pretty sure someone hit my bumper and took off without leaving me a note. On the left side front bumper it is shifted down and pressed in. However, on the right side its not shifted and has a gap how it should be.

Here are a few pics just to show you what it looks like.

Left side bumper (The part that shifted down and is pressed in)
037.jpg

035.jpg

And here is the right side how it should be

039.jpg

Can one please give me any information how I can fix my bumper? I have no idea what to do.... Should I try to fix it myself along with a friend? Or should I cough out the extra money to take it into a auto shop?

Does it look like I need a new bracket or anything else? or does it look like I can push it back up????

I really need some help and I would really appreciate it!

Here is what my truck use to look like before someone hurt my pride and joy

187.jpg

Thanks yall,

I hope someone can help me out!
Crawl under your truck bumper.Look for the bolts that mount it to the frame.Loosen them,and use a jack to jack the bumper back in place,then retighten the bolts.It is that simple.

I took a look at the brackets and they are welded on to the frame of my truck.... So taking a look at the big pic it would cost me a ton of money just to take it to a shop... So I put some thought into it and came to the conclusion if I put enough pressure on the bracket I can bend it back to place....

I couldnt loosen/tighten the bolts since they where welded on... Dont ask me why I have no idea....

So I lifted my truck up at my friends shop and put a bar underneath the bracket and slowly lowered the truck!

With about 5 attempts my bumper looks brand new!

Just had to bend the brackets back to place....

And someone mustve hit my truck pretty hard because the bracket was bent pretty darn bad :mad:

But yeah it looks good now!

Thanks yall

AHF20

Back