2001 lincoln town car steering wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 lincoln town car steering wheel

redexplorer5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Mercury Mountaineer
just curious will this steering wheel fit on my 2001 mercury mountaineer

38096694 ltcsw.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Following. Id like to to this with mine.. from looks of it, and knowing how automobile like to keep most parts the same. It looks like it would be able to interchange but I have no idea.

thank you for the information Josh P its much appreciated it would looked nice with the wood gain in my Mountie with the wood gain since i have the wood gain in the middle where my radio is

The Lincoln steering wheel looks almost identical to the premium Explorer/Mountaineer steering wheel (airbag and steering wheel mounted controls), but you can't be 100% sure it will be a direct swap until you try it. My guess is it would be.

Even if the steering wheel directly swapped in, I would always wonder if the airbag would function if needed.

I have read stories online where people who's airbag popped, would swap it out, and people would also recommend swapping out the airbag sensor from the same donor vehicle. If the Lincoln steering wheel swaps out, I wonder if one would also swap out the sensor from the donor Lincoln, if that is even possible...

@koda2000 its does look identical to mine i have a 2001 Mercury mountaineer premier it have the same steering wheel without the wood gain
Lincoln Town car has the same wood gain as my radio cover thats why i want to see if it fits it look nice and it well be different
i replace the radio control and cruise buttons i got them off of ebay they came from a 2000 Lincoln
town car the work perfect and the wires where same color as mine
i going to see if i can pick one up at a pull it yard on the 16th of this month
@toypaseo i wont be using the air bag from the Lincoln
i just hoping the spines line up
i will be testing it up in the pull it yard before i buy it just in case it wont fit

Back