2001 Manila Ford Sport Trac 4x4 Noise Front Drivers side Wheel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Manila Ford Sport Trac 4x4 Noise Front Drivers side Wheel

manilakev

Reaction score
City, State
United Kingdom but Living in the Philippines
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport Trac 2001
Hi to all, I'm an Englishman living in the Philippines, currently owning two Ford 4X4 pick-ups. Ford Explorer Sport Trac that I opurchased about six months ago, but never had so many problems with avehicle in my life. After rebuilding all the front suspension with Ford parts, I have a noise coming from the front Drivers side wheel whilst i'm acclerating and driving around 30 to 40Km per hr.
List of replaced parts:-
Up suspension arm ball joint both sides
lower ball joint both sides
front wheel bearing hubs both sides
Lower arm inner rubber bushings
Stabilizer Link bolt

The noise sounds like a gratting whilst driving, reason for the change of all the parts was the local guy here thought he could drive a car without replacing the Broken stabilizer link, but caused so much damage. My thoughts are focus on the CV joint may have been damaged due to the Wheel wobble wilst driving around with the broken Stabilizer Link Bolt. Or fingers crossed not the front axle??
I'm not sure if anybody has experienced this before but never buy a second hand vehicle from a filippino, as they always find the money to buy such a nice vehicle but dont think they have to repair or service these vehicles.
regards
Manila Kev

Hi Kev,

I currently looking to replace my front bearings on my sporttrac, also here in manila, Out of interest can you remember what you paid for the bearing hubs? I have quite a bit of noise from the left front wheel while driving above 60kph.

Thanks

Lee

Hi Kev,

I currently looking to replace my front bearings on my sporttrac, also here in manila, Out of interest can you remember what you paid for the bearing hubs? I have quite a bit of noise from the left front wheel while driving above 60kph.

Thanks

Lee

Hi Lee,
sorry I could not reply until now as I have been offshore in Nigeria, where i have very limited access to WWW. Anyway did you manage to repair your explorer??

I have had problems myself so your not on your own.

Best regards

Kevin

Back